Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Dark Berry Smoothie



Dark Berry Green Smoothie
1 c. Kale
1-2 bananas
1-2 c. berry blend frozen berries: 
         strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
2 c. liquid- 1/2 Blue Machine Naked Juice and 
      1/2 unsweetened Almond Milk. 
(Usually I only add almond milk with a little water but I had some Naked Juice on hand I needed to get rid of!)



Gather all ingredients. I always blend the greens with the liquid first, then add berries.


I only had 1/2 a banana left so I threw in some pineapple as well.


This smoothie turns out very dark and has A LOT of seeds! Check your teeth after drinking!

Taste Tested: I did not like this smoothie as much as others I've tried mostly because I realized I really don't like the taste or texture of Kale! I tried it again with spinach and really enjoyed it more. You decide what you like best!

If you want to try my FAVORITE Green Smoothie recipe, click here for the recipe for the Tropical Peach Mango green smoothie


No comments: