Sunday, February 9, 2014

Coconut crusted chicken with Mango Salsa


This is my favorite recipe thus far!
Of course I found it on Pinterest and adapted it from Rachael Ray- Love her!
Click here to be re-directed to her recipe.
I found mangos on sale at Sprouts and since we live right across the street, I walked right over there and picked up a few fresh produce items for this recipe.


Coconut Crusted Mango Chicken with Mango Salsa

ingredients
  • 1 whole fresh mango, chopped or 1/2 lb frozen chopped mango, thawed
  • 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
  • 1/3 cup chopped red onion
  • tablespoons chopped cilantro
  • tablespoon rice vinegar- I didn't have rice vinegar so I used apple cider vinegar. Still tasted great!
  • Salt and pepper
  • egg
  • 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
  • 4 6 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts- I used 6 chicken tenders because that's what I had thawed
  • tablespoons coconut or olive oil
directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the mango, bell pepper, onion, cilantro and vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
  2. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg with 1 teaspoon water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place the coconut in another shallow bowl. Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the coconut. Press to coat.
  3. In large, ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until cooked through, about 12 minutes. Serve the chicken with the mango salsa.
*Note: I wanted the salsa warm, so I mixed all the salsa ingredients in a small sauce pan and warmed it over med-low heat while the chicken cooked. 

YUM! The more colors the better!


1 comment:

North Salties said...

Looks delicious! I will have to try it!