Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cliché green smoothie

Ok. I know green smoothies have all the hype right now so it's a total cliche to post about it but here goes.
The other day at lunch, I didn't do so well and ate stuff I was mad at myself for eating. So, I decided for dinner we would have green smoothies to make up for it! My sweet hubby was totally fine with it!
The smoothie I did below was more of a tropical smoothie with fresh pineapple, banana, strawberries, almond milk and of course, SPINACH!



Gathering all the ingredients.
Also, I buy our spinach in a big batch, unwashed, then I take it home, wash and rinse it well, spin it and store it in MASON JARS in the fridge. It lasts soooo much longer!


Tip: place spinach and juice of choice in the blender FIRST, blend well, then add fruit.





YUM! WE also added a few scoops of protein powder and it was yummy!

Tropical Smoothie
1 to 1 1/2 cup packed spinach
1 c. unsweetened almond milk
3/4 c. pineapple
2 bananas
1 cup strawberries
Place spinach and almond milk (and protein) in blender, blend. Add fruits, blend well.
Enjoy!

Makes about 36oz.


1 comment:

Laura said...

I needed this blog post Kenz! My green smoothies are so boring and old. This looks really good (minus the protein powder, cause I don't like it haha) and I will definitely be trying it :) Love ya!