Monday, July 11, 2011

Mi Hermanita's farwell

This last weekend was my little sister Whitney's farewell. She has been called to serve in the New York, New York North mission... Spanish speaking. I am so excited for her! 
I didn't take as many pictures as I hoped but all the pics below are from the brunch on Sunday after sacrament meeting.

Me and my Grandma Bonnie
 Courtney, Robin, Dani
 Me, Grandpa Floyd and Judith
 Mikaela & Jeff (the cutest couple ever)
 Mom and her besties (Robing & Ann)
 Whit & Colter
 Me & Mom
 Me & Mikaela


 The Floyd girls!
 

The entire family was at my parents house in Boise by Saturday morning. We all went to the Boise Temple around 7am since the temple is closing for over a year for extensive renovations. It was such a wonderful experience to be there together.
I know Whitney will make an extraordinary missionary. Her companions are going to be so lucky to spend time and get to know her. I am almost jealous she gets to embark on this journey in her life to share the message of the gospel so the people of New York City can find happiness in their lives. I will miss my little sister dearly, but this decision will change her life forever... for the better. Good luck Whitney!

3 comments:

Shaylen said...

Oh how fun! What a wonderful new adventure! Best wishes to her! ;D

Jennie Nelson said...

so amazing!! i'm so proud of her!:) and i love your hair! it's so long and pretty! and i miss you!

Laura said...

oh yay! Not only do I LOVE that you blogged finally, but I love that you got to go see your family and be with your sister. :) Miss you guys (mostly you kenz)!