Sunday, September 27, 2009

George Erickson Family Reunion

On Labor Day weekend, Tanner & I drove up to Oakley Idaho to my Great-Grandfather's cabin for the George Erickson Family Reunion. We arrived there Sunday afternoon so we could be there for the day activties on Monday. Sunday evening most of my second cousins were there so we all had a BBQ dinner and roasted mallows for smores in the fire pit. Although Tanner was trying to get over a nasty flu/sinus infection, he was a trooper the whole time.
It was so fun to see Travis & Naomi! They always make me laugh!

Whitney had been in Utah a few days before we left to Idaho so she drove up with us. It was great seeing and catching up with her before she left for BYU-Idaho.

Us girls had a great time together, but Courtney was really missed.
It was so great for me to see my cousins I grew up with. Kassi (far left) just went in the MTC about a week ago. She was called to serve a mission in New Jersey, spanish speaking. Mikaela (middle) & I are only 12 days apart and all three of us have always been close growing up.
Monday was the day dedicated to learning of our family history. My grandpa, his kids, and my grandpa's brother, Don, and his kids were there. I learned a lot about my great-grandparents and the history of the Erickson side (my mother's side). It meant a lot to me to have my companion next to me, learning about my family's history and meeting all my cousins and second cousins. Although I know it was probably not the first place Tanner would have liked to have spent his holiday, he was such a good sport in trying to learn everyone's name and be involved in all the was going on.


1 comment:

Tyson and Courtney said...

I'm so glad you posted these pictures, wish I could have been there! Miss you!